-The other night, after she'd been tucked in for about five minutes, out she came to ask this....
Munchkin: "Hey I know I need to be in bed, but I have to ask this question or it's really going to drive me crazy.... Who does the President buy his meat from?
Mom: "Umm.. well... I'm not sure. He probably has someone who goes to the grocery for him. Why?"
Munchkin: "Well I was thinking that we should write him a letter and tell him he should buy his beef from daddy and papaw."
..... Well folks, it's not monsters or boys, it's beef that's keeping my 10 year old up at night.
- While eating ribs the other night, deer ribs to be exact.
Munchkin: "What did these come from?"
Dad: "Deer."
Munchkin: *in between bites* "Perfect! There's deer in Alaska. By the way, when are you going to let me start hunting for food?" --> Refer to previous MUNCHKIN SAYS
-Just bits and pieces from the random conversations we have around our dinner table
Dad: "You are going to have to find someone to date around here because I'm not going to let you date one of those hillbilly's from Alaska."
Munchkin: *as she mimics a man stroking his beard* "You mean the ones with the cool sideburns?"
....
Dad: "You better go wash your hands before you touch anything"
Munchkin: *washing hands, and talking to herself* "This is going to be really hard with no working water" -- > again referring to Alaska: The Last Frontier
- While I am taking a bath, and she decides to come tell me about her day.
Munchkin: "Ewww, you like baths?"
Mom: "Yes actually, I forgot how much I love them."
Munchkin: "You do know you are bathing in your own filth... disgusting."
Mom: "You are ruining this for me, just let me relax!"
Munchkin: "Ok just keep relaxing in your own dirt... kind of like a pig."
- Giving goodnight kisses.
Mom: "I'll see you in the morning"
Munchkin: *puts me in a choke hold hug* "And every morning."
Mom: "Yes, every morning for the rest of your life!"
Munchkin: "Well, not exactly. When I'm 20 I'll be living in Alaska."
- This weeks I love you more than
Mom: "I love you more than the Today Show"
Munchkin: *looking at the couch with an amused look* "I love you more than all those throw pillows."
Mom: "Do you have a problem with my pillows."
Munchkin: "You kind of have a lot."
Mom: "I like throw pillows, they look nice."
Munchkin: "Well, maybe we should switch and you should love me more than your hundred throw pillows."

No comments:
Post a Comment