I've been contemplating the same question recently. I love PUMPKIN EVERYTHING. Not even kidding when I say everything. First it started with Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks (until my hub cut me off). So now it's pumpkin spice coffee in the morning w/ pumpkin pie creamer; Trader Joes pumpkin tortilla chips and harvest salsa (w/ pumpkin) for a snack. I made pumpkin pecan bars over the weekend (that have been devoured) along with the pumpkin spice mini cupcakes I got last week. Oh, and I can't forget the pumpkin cookie butter that a coworker gifted me (since my obsession isn't obvious at work or anything). Then to feed my addiction a little more, Kenz and I stopped by Menchies on our way home from volleyball practice tonight, and wouldn't you know THEY HAD PUMPKIN FLAVORED FROYO! I was so excited, I even passed up Nutella for it, which means I officially have a problem....
No worries though, I'm just over here turning orange and calling it a tan.....
LISTENING:
to: {Stay and Wait//Hillsong United}
*I will stay should the world by me fold
Lift up Your name as the darkness falls
I will wait and hold fast to Your word
Heart on Your heart and my eyes on Yours*
I have a huge soft spot for acoustic music. Something about words, and a guitar that make my heart smile. Add in lyrics that speak to me, and I'm sold. I love Hillsong United, but this has to be my favorite song I've ever heard from them! I cannot stop listening to it!
READING:
I was just thinking I needed a new book when my mom sent me a post from Emily Maynard's FB recommending this one- if by Mark Batterson! She knows me too well! I just placed my order, and can't wait to get my nose stuck in the pages!
LEARNING:
{To love people} I was gifted with a compassionate heart, but for quite some time now my perspective has been shifted inward. I recently decided to make a small shift in that perspective at work, and each day I wake up with a goal to make my coworkers feel loved in some way. Whether its a compliment, taking note of something they mention and following up about it later, encouraging them in a goal, letting them vent about a bad day, making them laugh (which usually happens daily, whether I try to or not...), or bringing in coffee and creamer to share with everyone. Its been really cool to see the shift in peoples attitudes at work when they simply feel loved, and appreciated! I know because, they all have been reciprocating the love! Walking into an office full of smiles and cheerful hellos is a pretty awesome way to start your day! I don't say this to boast, but hopefully to motivate some of you to head into work tomorrow, and make someone feel like they matter! Be the difference, because the difference it makes is worth more than you know!
{To love people} I was gifted with a compassionate heart, but for quite some time now my perspective has been shifted inward. I recently decided to make a small shift in that perspective at work, and each day I wake up with a goal to make my coworkers feel loved in some way. Whether its a compliment, taking note of something they mention and following up about it later, encouraging them in a goal, letting them vent about a bad day, making them laugh (which usually happens daily, whether I try to or not...), or bringing in coffee and creamer to share with everyone. Its been really cool to see the shift in peoples attitudes at work when they simply feel loved, and appreciated! I know because, they all have been reciprocating the love! Walking into an office full of smiles and cheerful hellos is a pretty awesome way to start your day! I don't say this to boast, but hopefully to motivate some of you to head into work tomorrow, and make someone feel like they matter! Be the difference, because the difference it makes is worth more than you know!


2 comments:
your mom sent me your blog link and I'm so happy she did! I love it!
Thank you for this sweet comment, you made my day!
Post a Comment