Saturday, May 30, 2015

Life: Weekend Fun*


It has already been a great weekend, and we are only half way through it! Friday was a bittersweet one, as munchkin said goodbye to her elementary days. She wanted to celebrate her last day by going to her school's park, and reminiscing about all her memories she's made throughout her years there. I didn't think it would get to me quite like it did, but seeing my little girl's heart break saying goodbye to the place, and people that hold so many of her greatest memories of being a kid, was tough! Our school system went through a redistricting this year so her group of girlfriends is being split up next year for intermediate school. "KAMO" is what they call themselves, and you can guess who came up with the acronym —my camo addicted child! I am so thankful she found a group of girls who were known for their individuality. Each one of them had their own unique styles and personalities, and they celebrated each other's "weirdness." I will never stop praying that her sphere of influence always remains one that nurtures her growth, and confidence in who she is. 


These 10 year old girls have inspired me to be more confident in myself too! Today, I took a big step  and joined a small group at our church. I have been attending my church for almost 5 years, and have been fighting off the desire to further my faith walk due to my lack of confidence in myself as a Christian. But at our church they don't want or expect people to be perfect before they take a step forward, so today I FINALLY stopped standing still! And it felt great to meet girls my age, all with different stories and backgrounds, who I could be honest with and say "hey ladies, I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to this kind of stuff!" I am so excited to see where our Saturday morning chats over a cup of coffee leads me! When we were done with our meeting we all decided to go to the Prayer service at church, and it was such a neat experience! It was the best way to start my Saturday morning!! 

After small group, and prayer I went to rescue munchkin from the shop where the hub and a few guys were fixing up the new camper, and the two of us decided to head to the Farmer's Market ! 


We had fun shopping the tents and tasting all the treats! 



Our favorites were the apple cider, fresh strawberries, and the beef jerky! And we can't wait to devour the cookie dough pie we got to make tonight! 

Now we are relaxing and listening to the storm, and I am feeling so incredibly grateful for this life I have been blessed to live! 

I'm hoping you all have a great rest of your weekend!! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Made me think of BCHMK (remember our little group?)