Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Mommy's Life: Munchkin Says*

-On our way to meet Brittany and her kiddos at Culvers, after munchkins first softball game

Munchkin: "Since Aunt Brittany is my aunt, does that mean she is your sister?"
Mom: "Well kind of, we don't have the same mom but we are as close as sisters"
Munchkin: "that must be why Nora and I look so much alike." 


-Trying to convince the fam to go to Barnes and Nobles with me Sunday. 

Mom: "Sooo who wants to go to Barnes and Nobles to pick up the book I have been wanting since it came out and that is fiiiiinaaalllyyyy in stock?"
Munchkin: "Soooo who wants to take me to pick up the puppy I have been wanting since I was able to breath, and that is always in stock at the pet store?"

-At my mother-in-laws the other day, while I was reading People and discussing celebrity gossip with anyone willing to listen.  

Mom: "Did you guys hear? Hilary Clinton is running for President. I think Kenz finds this very exciting"
Munchkin: *looking at me with complete disdain* "NO, I do not find this exciting. I find this news very hurtful!"
Mamaw Rhonda: "Hurtful?"
Munchkin: "Uh yes, because I was supposed to be the first woman president." -- (the girl has big dreams.)

- While Munchkin was dancing in the car 

Mom: "Where do you learn all these moves?"
Munchkin: "I've been to so many weddings it's not even funny." --followed by a head bob and a shoulder dip. 

- Dropping munchkin off at school for her student council event  

Munchkin: "I don't know where I am supposed to go in"
Mom: "I'm sure there are signs posted, or you will find someone else from student council."
Munchkin: "It's ok. I'll just walk in and go 'ta-da' I'm here." ---(please note, she lacks nothing in the confidence department)

-On our way to drop munchkin off with Papaw Dave so that we could go to intermediate school orientation (there's a whole other blog coming for this one, because I'm an emotional basket case)

Mom: "Can you please stop getting older, I can't handle this growing up so fast gig you've got going on." 
Munchkin: "Well you better enjoy it while ya can, cause you only have 8 years until I'm off to Alaska." 
Mom: ..... bursts into sobs. 

- This weeks I love you more than

Munchkin: "I love you more than Alaska"
Mom: "I love you more than coffee, but please don't make me prove it"


No comments: