Marriage is one of the greatest blessings I have ever had, and also the toughest challenges I have ever taken on. There are days I feel like I couldn't love my husband any more than I do, and then there are days filled with disappointment and failed expectations that lean over a dangerous edge of bitterness. They say "a happy marriage is a union of two good forgivers." I couldn't agree more. Trust me when I say I can't count the times I've had to rely on my husbands forgiveness when my overly emotional genetic makeup turns me into an egotistical-not-nice-word, or when I disrupt my husbands day for the millionth time because I ran out of gas on the side of the road, lose my keys at work, get my car stuck in snow...in our back yard, spook a baby calf, or need to vent to him about my daily dramas that make him want to grab a hammer. And no matter how much I swear my husband is the model prince charming, we all know that isn't the case all the time. LORD HAVE MERCY, if he interrupts me ONE MORE TIME while I write this blog.... I will punch him. But instead....I will forgive him for being a nuisance every time I pay the slightest bit more attention to something other than him :)
Welcome to my marriage. Where some days I laugh until I cry, and other days I laugh to keep from crying. Where some days are filled with love and understanding. And then there are days filled with disagreements and anger. But at the end of the day, we are two people God chose to sit side by side during the roller coaster of life, so we might as well buckle up and enjoy the ride!
When God led us to each other, with all our differing opinions and complete opposite upbringings and systems for where our dirty clothes go when we take them off and his love of fire arms which led him to buy a massive gun safe that is now in our dinning room and my love for his smile when he is really excited that made me say "yes hunny, it can stay", He knew that we made a good team in spite of it all.
Because we are in this thing together for the rest of the ride. Not just for better or for worse, but for better AND worse. No one else drives me closer to insanity, makes me laugh harder, or causes me to fall in love all over again when I least expect it. That's what marriage is about. The times that bring us together and the times we fall apart. The days we wouldn't trade for anything in the world, and the days he decides to put a gun safe in the dining room.
No comments:
Post a Comment